This article walks through using the extended grazing planner for entering multiple days worth of grazing at once.
Here is a short video to get you started:
Making a grazing record:
- On the Farm Dashboard open the Grazing To-Do List.
- For the relevant herd, select an open feed slot to make a new grazing record.
- Select a paddock for grazing from the map, list, or feed wedge.
- Set the Start and Finish Date for the amount of time your stock will graze the paddock.
- Once happy with the grazing decision, press the Save All button.
Other tips with the extended grazing planner:
- This feature works by reducing the pasture cover over a period of time. For example, the pasture cover at the point of grazing (Start Date) to the desired post grazing residual at the end of the grazing (End Date).
- Using your mouse, hover over rows or columns on the extended grazing planner to select or deselect specific feed slots as desired.
- On a touch device, tapping the column or row heading with select or deselect the relevant feed slots.